TEMBEAKENYA TRAVEL FEST 2017 MALL ACTIVATIONS
The Kenya Tourism Board intends to drive domestic consumer demand for Kenya and to position Kenya as a top of mind holiday destination for Residents.KTB has already invested in the training, education and equipping of the travel trade through training and firsthand experience of what Kenya has to offer. Above the line initiatives have been few and far apart hence there has been little impact in driving domestic consumer demand.
Direct consumer engagement will therefore be able to generate interest and drive consumer demand for the local holiday product amongst Residents.
Customer experience forms a critical cog of any product or service and there is a need to improve on the domestic tourist consumer promotion process and make it a seamless experience for the customers.
Kenya Tourism Board will be implementing an experiential on-ground activation in partnership with Kenya Wildlife Service and leading Shopping malls in the country as one of the ways to directly engage consumers with the #TembeaKenya brand.
Targeted locations & dates are:
- 1. Nairobi – The Junction & TRM – Dates 30th June to 2nd July 2017
- Mombasa – City Mall, Nyali – 7th – 9th July 2017
- Kisumu – United Mall- 14th – 16th July 2017
- Nanyuki- Nanyuki Mall – 21st – 23rd July 2017
- Nakuru- West End Mall- 28th – 30th July 2017
- To increase the awareness of the local holiday product amongst domestic travellers
- To increase consumption of the domestic holiday product by Kenyans and Residents.
- To demystify tourism and encourage domestic travel throughout the year
- To share with trade the current issues, tourism trends and new product developments in the destination.
- To give a platform to domestic operators to sell their packages
- Increase the traction to destination website magicalkenya.com
- To collect feedback from consumers
The activation will incorporate the following:
- Weekend experiential activation e.g. actual sand and Beach or Safari backdrop in a shopping mall
- 3 day on ground activation at the mall/ selected venue with a mini tourism expo, entertainment, raffle prizes, kids activities, wheel of fortune; “ big five” photo booth
- Fully fledged kids corner with a bouncing castle and plasticine for kids to compete in modelling the big five
- Display of stuffed big five animals and KWS rangers to reinforce the safari feel
- Fliers with a barcode directing consumers to the TembeaKenya special offers page on magicalkenya.com/tembeakenya to be distributed by branded ushers/ models
- Destination and Corporate Branding around the venue
- 2 weeks pre event radio activation and pre event round about activation with branded models.
- Invite a maximum of 5 Tour companies & Hotels focusing on domestic market to engage consumers during the activation and sell their packages
- Participating trade will be given give a ways to entice consumers to make a down payment. These are branded Umbrellas, Mugs, Pens, Power banks.
- Corporate Travellers
- Leisure Travellers
- Ages: 25 – 54
- Encourage Kenyans to become active participants in domestic tourism to boost the sector
- Create a network of stakeholders who will contribute to its growth and to organize forums where they could exchange ideas
- Maintain a constant flow of information and data on local tourism
- Produce tourism media — electronic and print
- Organize exhibitions
- Aggressively market local tourism through product investigation and analysis
- Facilitate access of local people to products and educate Kenyans on local attractions
- Negotiate with stakeholders to subsidize the rates for Kenyans throughout the year